...in response to some of your FAQs -
- we are a ready made group wanting to do a pottery class together - we have an idea of when we can get together
- we are wanting to celebrate an event/party with some pottery on the side
- I would love to do a pottery class with my child and know of a few like minded families
- we are a small business wishing to do some team building at your studio
- wondering if we could have a daytime event that might involve coffee/food and pottery
- we are a family - together with younger children and teenagers - we would like to mix it up with the pottery wheel and some hand-building.
all your need to do now is 'parlay' with your group and get in touch via the contact form below...let's speak soon.....
Pottery classes are a great way to engage with friends/ family/ work colleagues -
These Taster Classes are made for fun and designed to give you the opportunity to experience the potter's wheel and/or to learn a few hand building pottery techniques. Whether you’ve never tried the pottery wheel nor even touched clay or if you would just like to re-connect with the medium, this is the opportunity to immerse yourself in this 2 hour session and enjoy the experience.
Everyone will most probably have one or 2 acceptable ‘keepers’ at the end of this class. For those who wish to keep a piece or two, we can bisque fire your ware once it has dried and then we custom glaze your work for you – a selection of StudioMade's house batch glazes will be available to choose from on your pottery day. The larger group projects will also be taken care of 'back of house' and will be ready for collection alongside individual work.
All things ceramic is a slow process. If the kiln gods are kind and all goes to plan your pots will be ready for collection within 4-6 weeks, at which point we will notify you and you can swing by to collect your precious cargo.
It is our experience that smaller children have a more positive time hand building with clay.
We would not be recommending the pottery wheel for these brief sessions - children under the age of 12 will quickly become frustrated on the wheel and more than likely will not enjoy the experience.
- You organise your group based on the minimum class size/ contact us with a few dates and we can lock it in with the allocated 'minimum' deposit - an invoice will be forwarded and a deposit is required to secure the booking. ( deposit is refundable up to 4 weeks out from the agreed date ).
- You will receive a confirmation reminder from us 4 weeks from your agreed date - you now need to confirm your total numbers with us. We will forward an invoice to you with the outstanding balance due now to secure the agreed date.
Family - teens up to 15 years
cost - tickets include 2 persons for 1.5 hour class @ $150 per ticket
- minimum class size is 3 tickets ( 6 persons) - maximum 5 tickets ( 10 persons)
- minimum of one child must accompany each ticket ( maximum of 3 accompanying adults)
- handbuilding with terracotta clay - single firing only ( no glaze )
- $200 deposit required to confirm our agreed date
Private class for 2 - book direct
Adult group / corporate /event
option 1 - small group
- 3 - 5 individuals @ $150 pp or @ $500 for 2 hour class - includes individual pottery wheel allocation and individual attention to get the basics for a wheel thrown form.
- $250 deposit required to confirm our agreed date
option 2 - medium group
- 6 - 10 individuals @ $100 pp or @ $800 for 2 hour class - split group and individual work - individual pottery wheel and group hand building projects working concurrently - students switch over 1/2 way through to experience both.
- $400 deposit required to confirm our agreed date
option 3 - large group
- 11 - 25 individuals @ $80 pp or @ $1500 for 2 hour class - split group and individual work - individual hand building project and group hand building projects working concurrently - students switch over 1/2 way through to experience both.
- $750 deposit required to confirm our agreed date