Discovering clay is a great way for your child to express and extend their creativity.
By manipulating clay, children develop their fine motor skills (which aids the development of handwriting) as well as their concentration. Working with clay also helps children to develop resilience, as what we make in clay does not always turn out the way we expected!
Working with clay helps children to gain a greater understanding of the world around them and a deeper connection to the natural world. During the 1.5 hour classes we will explore functional and non functional objects made of clay, learn about where clay comes from and above all have lots of fun learning to make something that will last for ever!
Tally – our clay tutor – will teach your child how to create, design, make and decorate functional and /or decorative objects made with clay. The children will gain an understanding of clay and the clay process and work towards making functional and non functional finished ceramic ware using a varied number of different clay techniques including – pinch pot, coil technique and small module slab work technique. They will also be introduced to a number of different techniques for decorative finishes.
Our children’s classes utilise a red earth clay body ( terracotta clay ), that is easily manipulated and stands up well to a single kiln firing without needing to be glazed – work will be soon ready to collect in 2-4 weeks.
- You organise your group based on the minimum class size/ contact us with a few dates and we can lock it in – an invoice will be forwarded and payment is required to secure your booking.
Family – teens up to 15 years
cost – tickets include 2 persons for 1.5 hour class @ $150 per ticket
- minimum class size is 3 tickets/ $450 ( 6 persons) – maximum 5 tickets $750 ( 10 persons)
- at least one child must be part of each ‘ticket’ – these classes are geared to the children
This is a great way to celebrate a child’s birthday with the gift of an experience – or simply to spend some holiday time with young friends.
these classes would suit if you –
- have a ready made group of children (+/_ participating adults/carers) wanting to do a pottery class together
- are wanting to celebrate an event/party
- would love to do a pottery class with your child and know of a few like minded families
- you are a family – together with younger children and teenagers would like an experience to share
…..get your group sorted, then…let’s speak soon..