Private Group pottery classes and Events
Your Private Event or Special Celebration
Custom Private Pottery classes for your group are a great way to engage with friends/ family/ work colleagues for your special event or intimate celebration in our beautiful studio.
Each event can be custom built to your needs. Whether you are a small or large group - family or corporate. If you wish to sit around for a bit afterwards you can choose our catering option and enjoy grazing platters and a few drinks. Whichever way you go all of our studio experiences are designed for fun. Whether you’ve never tried the pottery wheel or touched clay or if you would just like to re-connect with the medium, this is the opportunity to immerse yourself in this 2 hour pottery session and enjoy a shared experience.
What's your group? Friends | Family | Business | Colleagues | Just the 2 of Us
- we are a ready made group wanting to do a pottery class together - we have an idea of when we can get together
- we are wanting to celebrate an event/party with some pottery on the side
- I would love to do a pottery class with my child and know of a few like minded families
- we are a small business wishing to do something fun together at StudioMade for our clients/employees
- wondering if we could have a daytime/ evening or weekend event that could involve drinks/grazing platters and pottery all in one
- we are a family - together with younger children and teenagers - we would like to mix it up with the pottery wheel and some hand-building.
- Its Just the 2 of us
Optional Extras for Private Pottery Events - $110 pp ( minimum 6 )
Catering ( in-studio for private groups only ) – add $30 pp
Sunday bookings – additional fee applies.
Have it at yours – additional $200 per booking – handbuilding fun for 1.5 hours – teens and children’s parties too.
Glazing and firing tickets available on the day for private bookings and events.
Small group or Large group - work or leisure?
- 3 - 5 participants $600 for a private 2 hour class - includes individual pottery wheel allocation and individual attention to get the basics for a wheel thrown form. Let us know if your group would prefer a hand-building lesson.
- Runs to the format of a Taster Class.
- $250 deposit required to confirm our agreed date
- pottery for KIDS under 15 - refer below for specific information
- Glazing and firing optional extra - see below.
- 6 or more @ $110 pp for 2 hour class - split group and individual work - individual pottery wheel and group hand building projects working concurrently - students switch over 1/2 way through to experience both.
- $400 deposit required to confirm our agreed date
- catering available
- Glazing and firing optional extra
Glazing and Firing
- Eternity or Eco options
The Eternity option – additional $15/20
Decide at the end of your class: to keep or not to keep.
For an additional $15/20 you can choose 1 or 2 of your selected pieces for StudioMade’s professional team to fire & glaze using our own house batch stoneware white.
Your pieces will survive *eternity – and be ready for you to return and collect in 3 or 4 weeks ( storage capacity is such that we can only hold for 6 weeks max – so into eternity they will not go whole).
Payment is due at the end of class.
The Eco Option – Free
We are just as pleased for you to choose the ‘eco’ option – simply to have enjoyed your experience. Your pieces will stay with you in your minds eye and we will recycle then upcycle your used clay back into the clay buckets to be processed via our in-studio pugmill – for more clay experiences to be had by others ahead.
I would like to organise a private booking....what next?
- You organise your group based on the minimum class size/ contact us first with a few dates and we can lock it in with the allocated 'minimum' deposit.
- Confirmation is finalised when payment has been completed - within 7 days of agreeing on the date.
- For a full refund cancellation needs to occur within 14 days of the event agreed date. Should Cancellation occur due to Co-VID lock-down - as per Ts and Cs - the event will be re-scheduled.
If you are considering a private booking during the studio term - please consider these days/times and book outside of these times. Term breaks can be more flexible with private booking times and days.
Wednesdays 10-12 & 6-8
Fridays 10-12 + Taster classes 6-8 p.m | bi-monthly.
Saturdays 10-12 + Taster classes 1-3